Sunday, October 24, 2010

8 Month Milestone Galore!

     Another month has flown by and Aidan is 8 months now! Technically, he turned 8 months yesterday, but we had a very busy day and I did not have time to post this. The past month was a BIG month for Aidan; he's growing way too fast and learning so much these days.


Can you tell what big changes Aidan has made since last month?

His (very) approximate stats...
Weight: 20 lbs. 8 oz.
Height: 28 in.
Food: Nursing about 5 times a day and one solid meal in the evening. He has tried pretty much all the Gerber fruits and veggies and I am proud to say he prefers the veggies over the fruits.
Milestones (there quite a few this month):


We have a crawler!!!
(I know I will regret this excitement when he starts cruising around the house, but for now I am ecstatic.)
Aidan is officially crawling. When I say crawling I don't mean army crawling, crawling backwards, or scooting, but real, honest to goodness, crawling. He isn't super fast yet, but he does give me a run for my money if I look away for a few seconds... ; p


Ok, he's not crawling in this one, but it's the closest I had... bad mom.


Not tooth, but Teeth
Aidan has not one, but two, teeth now. The first one broke through a couple of weeks ago and the second followed a few days later. I am definitely enjoying his new smile, but it has made nursing a little more interesting... He has not been as bad as I thought; however, I have had to remind him a few times that I am not a teething toy. Hehe.



How cute is that smile with the new pearly whites?!



Haircut
Yep, Aidan no longer has his signature long locks. Our good friend, and fellow medical student, gave Aidan his first official haircut. It was bittersweet because it was very much needed, but I did love his crazy, long hair. It does look awesome though, thanks Luke!


Before...



He was very patient throughout the process...



The final product... you like?




Phew, there were so many new developments this month for Aidan. It is so exciting to see him grow, but it does happen a little too fast for me sometimes. There is definitely a part of me that wants him to stay little forever. Aidan, you amaze and excite me everyday and I love you!



5 comments:

C S said...

His hair cut is so cute, he looks like a little man. I always try to put it off as long as possible becuase they look so much older afterwards.

Unknown said...

I basically held my breath this entire post... not sure why? Maybe because if I thought I breathed, he would grow even more! It's been WAY TOO LONG since I've seen him!!!!! Two weeks is just too much! So much has happened since then. OMG!! My baby's not even born yet and I already don't want her to grow up! I love love love his new hair cut. Luke did great! and the pic of him in the pumpkin patch is priceless--especially with that shirt. omg.

Marissa said...

He really is getting so big. I love the haircut too. I agree, bitter sweet. His swoop before was pretty cool.

Ginger said...

Hi Ashley thanks so much for stopping by my blog. Your little Aidan is just precious and I can't wait to read more about him :)

Rachel said...

SO handsome!!! Do you think he will ask me out someday??? I love big boys that move fast and take a little bite every now and then...LOL
We want to babysit him!!! You need to go on a date!