Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holiday Hangover

Not the had-way-too-many-drinks-last-night kind of hangover, but the I-got-a-taste-of-what normal-couples-have kind of hangover. Ok, I'll stop with the hyphens. 

All you other med school students' wives know that we don't get to enjoy our husbands nearly as much as most wives do. If they are not in class, sleeping, showering, or eating they are studying. Heck, sometimes they study while they eat or shower (yes, Aric taped a few study pages up in the shower) and I'm sure they would study in their sleep if they could. 

Aric took most of last week off and it was just heavenly! I L.O.V.E.D it and I know Aidan really enjoyed it as well. It was so awesome to do family stuff together and it is so helpful to have him available to help with Aidan.

BUT now... I was spoiled and I miss it! It was such a tease. What I wouldn't give (sometimes) for Aric to have a normal 9-5 job. A job that when he came home from work he was d.o.n.e for the day and the weekends were really weekends! 

I have been feeling pretty down the last few days and I know it's because I went from having my husband with me non-stop 24/7 to seeing him very early in the morning before he leaves and at dinner really quick before he locks himself in his dungeon study. It's rough. 

I know someday these 'hangovers' will all be a distant memory and very much worth it, but right now I miss my hubby!

Thank God for my fellow wives out here! I would go crazy without them. It's so comforting to have people to talk to that totally get what you are going through because they are going through the exact.same.thing! [Thanks Marissa for the 'you are not alone' convo!]

One of our few family pics from our Orlando trip. Apparently, Aidan didn't think the camera was very interesting to look at. : p

My 'Sanity Keepers' aka the other med school wives at the baby shower they had for me! <3 them!! :)




16 days until Aric's semester ends!!! Not that I'm counting or anything...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

As soon as I start feeling 100% like myself, we will have to have playdates all.the.time. I know exactly how you feel about the 9-5 job. I was spoiled way too much last week. Thank goodness Em came when she did. It gave us a lot of time to adjust to our new family.

I'm sure glad we have our wives' group. A lot of med schools don't. I can't imagine leaving everyone next year though :-/ glad we have our blogs to keep in touch though!!

Samantha {Moody Mama} said...

Thanks for coming to visit my blog :) I hope you will come back again!

Love your pictures ;)

Anonymous said...

Ugh. The hangovers.
I guess because I am doing the long distance business I have a big ol' constant hangover which is more apparent when I go to visit and then when I have to come home.
I know the feeling though! *Hugs* to you!