Monday, January 3, 2011

Mommy Monday

New Year, New Look...

I decided since it's now 2011, [WOW!] a new look for my blog was in order... you like? It's definitely more 'me' than the last one. I'm more of a solid colors and muted prints girl so the new digs suit me well!

Any who, Happy New Year All! I know a resolution blog post isn't very original, but I feel that a couple of the resolutions I have this year are important for my Mama-hood journey so I thought they would be good for Mommy Monday.

{one}
Be more confident in my parenting choices and intuitions. Before Aidan came long, I felt very confident about my parenting skills. Well... fast forward to Aidan entering the world and yeah, that went out the window! I still second guess myself a lot! :( I need to remember that I DO know what I am doing and as long as I do what is best for Aidan, I am doing the right thing. 


{two}
Be more easy going. I think this will help Aidan and I a ton! If I can be laid-back about more things, our days will go more smoothly and will be much less stressful for me. I need to remember that babies don't follow a strict schedule and it's ok if things don't go exactly as planned. Also, I don't want Aidan to be rigid like me... I want him to be go-with-the-flow like his Daddy so I need to set a good example for him.

{three}
Be more optimistic. This will help with both the other two resolutions and life in general. It's been proven that optimistic people live longer so that's motivation enough to look on the bright side of it all!

I'm sure these resolutions are going to be a bit challenging for me at times, but resolutions are supposed to challenge us, right?!

Here are a few pics from our New Years Eve Day Trip to the beach... something I never thought I'd do on New Years Eve growing up in CO. By the way, it was about 5 degrees in CO on New Years Eve.... yowza!


Aidan on his 'throne.' :)


He had to 'warm-up' to the cold sand and cold water, but he enjoyed the beach! 



I love this pic! (Aric added that cool effect)




I hope everyone has had an awesome 2011 so far!


2 comments:

Marissa said...

Love the resolutions.
Love the new look to the blog.
Love all the pictures.
I noticed the cool effect before I read the caption. Awesome job, Aric!
Dude, I'm going to try to be more easy going too. Even though I have had stressful situations, I've don't quite well my first three days. Very well, actually.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!!!
I love the pictures... and oh my word, I NEED to live somewhere that is hot and sunny on New Years Eve. That is seriously my dream!
Those sound like all reasonable, good resolutions!