Monday, January 17, 2011

Mommy Monday

I am LOVING the stage in development Aidan is in right now! :)

I love it so much so let me count the ways...

I love how interactive he is these days. He imitates all the sounds Aric and I make; my personal favorite is when he imitates sneezes and coughs. It always makes me giggle.

I love most of the time how curious he is about ev.ery.thing! He wants to touch, see, move, open, close, rip, and most of all, eat anything that crosses his path. He has become totally enthralled with the toilet lately much to his parents dismay. Yuckola!

I love his new interest in books. Up until very recently, Aidan enjoyed gumming and turning the pages of books but not too much else. He has now come to enjoy listening to me read and looking at pictures before he tries to shove the book in this mouth.

I love how great of an eater he is. Despite a short-lived nursing and eating strike around 10 months, Aidan will eat anything we offer him. I'm sure when he's older we will go through many picky phases, but for now he enjoys all things food.

I love how active he is. He is non-stop all.day.long! He crawls like a pro and is pulling up and cruising around any and all furniture he can find. He very much enjoys doing 'laps' around the coffee table. Oh.so.adorable. Also makes for a tired baby = good nap... me likey this a lot! :p

I love that he doesn't walk quite yet. Hehe. This contradicts the above, but his Speedy Gonzales-like crawling and cruising is more than enough to keep me busy right now. When he starts crawling... the 'A' household will never be the same. Eek!


There are an infinite amount of things I love about my days with my handsome guy so I can't actually count all the ways, but these are some of the highlights.



Happy MLK Day All!!! : D


Stop taking pictures and finish feeding me Mom! ;p









I know I have been neglecting my blog recently... I keep hitting speed bumps, with the most recent one being that the power cord to my laptop doesn't work so my computer can't charge (I'm using Aric's). UGH! I am hoping to get a new one this week. Also, I am going to introduce a new weekly featured post this Friday! It's something I am a little nervous to blog about because it's a sensitive subject for me, but I think it will be interesting and hopefully helpful for others. Get ready for it! Did I peak your interest enough?! Haha!



3 comments:

Marissa said...

Oh Aidan, he is so cute. I'm glad you are enjoying all those phases. It is a lot more fun as they interact. But i'm not saying the newborn stages aren't delightful as well.
What the crap are you going to do doing the day when Aric is at school with his computer!? Are you going to be able to stay busy? ;) Let me know if you get bored and we can go on a walk.
I am very interested in your friday's post. Hmmm what could it be?

Anonymous said...

I love your little man!!!
He is so so so so so cute. I miss that stage with my kiddos... it's absolutely wild and crazy how fast time flies.
And YES I am excited about your new Friday feature... looking forward to it :)

Kelli Z. said...

Just happened upon your blog! My husband is in med school and I stay home too :). You're the first person I've ever found who is in the same position as us! I'd love to talk to you sometime :).