Thursday, November 18, 2010

I really wish...

... the auto-tune craze would stop! What is so appealing about making your voice sound like a robot? Even if it is a robot that can sort of sing well.

Ok, I get why the 'singers' that can't actually sing are doing it. Ke$ha, I was looking at you as I typed that. But I can't understand why real singers are doing it. For example, Usher uses it in DJ Got Us Falling In Love Again.  Why Usher? We liked YOUR voice! Well, I did.

Maybe I'm jealous because I, as I have recently been told in so many words, couldn't be made into a good singer ever... auto-tuned or not. Hehe. : p Hmm, nah I don't think that's it. I just miss good 'ol, non-altered, human voices! 

Ok, rant over. I feel better now, thanks so much for letting me get that out.  Here's a funny video for all my fellow non-fans of Ke$ha:


Why is she famous?!
You might have to click in the viewing box and then click the play icon for the video to play. Ahh, my less than computer savvyness is showing... 



Please excuse the randomness of this post... :)

3 comments:

Lauren said...

all of this talk of auto-tuning makes me re-think your singing career. i think you may have a future!!!!!!

Marissa said...

Gosh, if I could take back that comment, I would! I do agree with Lauren though :) No, I take that back! Okay, no I don't.

Anonymous said...

I DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW KESHA IS FAMOUS.
Phew... now that I've got that off my chest. Seriously though?! I don't understand the Autotune business either. It will forever confuse me!!

(Sorry for the nine million comments today!! lol)